Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Animus

Default Project: Animus

This is a slightly different project for me, I'm doing a pair of computers at the same time. Nearly identical. The theme is H.R. Gieger, and specifically Li II. I thought it only appropriate to use a pair of Lian Li cases to start the mod off.

*Attention* Expect sparse updates, this mod won't see a large amount of updates for a few weeks while I get the money to continue working on it, just putting up here so I can keep track while I work.

A1 & A2 Specs:
    » Lian Li PC-7B plus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    » XG Vortec 600 Version 2 600w PSU
    » x4 120mm Thermaltake Fans, Red LED
    » x1 80mm Thermaltake Fan, Red LED
    » x2 70mm Thermaltake Fan
    » Silverstone USB Bay
    » Corsair XMS2 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
    » AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA5200CSBOX
    » EVGA 640-P2-n821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP
    » ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX

For those curious, here's the Li II Painting that is the inspiration for this mod:

I'm using a pair of statuettes from McFarlane toys that will be molded onto the front bezel. Along with a few other surprises.

More coming soon...
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-12-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Default Re: Project: Animus

***Edit***

I just realised how stupid this post was... with a little help from psychowit lol

Soo... oh yeah if you ae gonna do that it's probably gonna take a heck of a lot of time and effort, but would turn out pretty neat

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Hope you saved up for all those parts. Thats got to be pretty expensive to buy 2 of everything.

ATX Mental Case

@Blebbz - Her mouth is hardly big enough?

lol u could scale it up...or even ignore me I dozed ff for a few minutes beforehand... i was very tirezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... zzz... zzz...

Very cool Vertigo! I'll be watching. Why two of the same?

Thanks for the comments guys, first off. This is part of my ongoing remodeling project. Since my wife and I moved into our new house, I've got my own room to do with as I please (she gets the rest of the house, I can have one room right? )

To answer your question Mach, I already have 2 comps on my desk. One to either side, and monitors across my desk with a kvm in control of it all.

Here's what my current cluttered desk.

I multi-box in WoW, while watching old Mel Brooks movies. So I can use multi computers, and because I can.

Now, on to an update:
    I got these recently from Perth, it was actually cheaper to buy it in Australia and have it shipped here to the states, than to buy it in the states...

Here's a pic for scale purposes:

Items purchased so far:
    Case x2
    PSU x2 (thanks eBay)
    Li II Statue x2 (thanks Aussies)

More coming soon...
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

I like the two cases at one mod. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Are you molding the statues into the case or something?
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

If thats gonna be your face plate thats gonna be sick. I thought you were just gonna paint/decal them on or try to make it from scratch. Hope it works out. I'll be watching.

To answer the question, yeah this is going to be a 3d mod. I'm molding these statuettes onto the bezel using an epoxy I call the green stuff. It comes from Games Workshop stores if you're interested.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...GameNav=300810

I just ordered a few packs of it, along with some styrene. I'm also going to get to work on the KVM switch. I got a nice IoGear switch from NewEgg, now I just gotta do a little work to the casing to make it go along with the whole mod. Next, I gotta take the guts out of the Lian Li case I have here, and transfer it to another case. Once the project is actually done, I'll be using my current rigs as a server and lan box. But that'll be another project for another time. After I get Leviathan and Animus finished.
    The Ghostwheel Project