Thread: my aaxa l1 laser projector review

Fresh Paint

Default my aaxa l1 laser projector review

Well, I got mine in and thought I'd post pictures.

Aside from it being totally utterly amazing and acting like a rolex to me, I don't know what to say about it. the aaxa l1 laser projector here is the one i bought. http://www.aaxatech.com/news/l1_lase...projector.html

I guess I'll start with the fact that it is laser based meaning it always stays in focus (even at multiple distances). Secondly, it is as small as my phone and feels very fancy.

Personally, I use it for business meetings and quick presentations. I'm very impressed with the color quality that the lasers provide and the capability to read USB flash drives is excellent for on the go meetings. Lovin the purchase.

here..

Default Re: my aaxa l1 laser projector review

I am impressed.. it really looks good without being washed out with out it being in a completely dark room. At 800X600 its obviously not HD, but is the video playback pretty good?

That's really cool stuff. Out of my price range for now, but I bet pico projectors will come down in price a lot in a few years.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Fresh Paint

Thanks a lot Soulbody for the pictures and short review.

Since I am waiting for my L1 (it takes time making a wire transfer from EU to US and have the projector delivered the other way ..) and I surprisingly cannot find a review of the L1 on the internet, I would be delighted if you could give some more info (saying that it is amazing is a very good synthesis!)
    - How does the L1 compare with non-laser pico-projectors (I read on these forums that you had an AAXA P1 or P2)?
    - Is the included player usable for business presentations ? (are PPTs or PDFs as good as on a computer)
    - How is media support (DivX, MP4, H264, several audio tracks subtitles .. ?)

Thanks in advance and have fun!

Jerome.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Awesome. It looks surprisingly sharp and vivid...now they just need to increase the resolution and drop the price...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Hi Guys

I was reading this thread and i felt i needed to jump in with a review myself.

I just got my aaxa L1 after having the P2 and the M1 Plus. I opened the box and first thing i noticed its missing the manual, next i charged it up and started playing around with it.
    I should say the build quality is very nice, something most manufacturers have stopped doing. The issues i have with the unit is as follows.
    1. Onboard video player not doing a good job- i loaded in 2 avi vids with a res of 640x480 and there was SO MUCH DROPOUT i had to turn off the videos was not watchable at all. That is not acceptable in a unit of this price. 2. when watching a video with headphones the onboard speakers are still on, it wastes more battery power and wakes up the family lol .
    The unit gets very hot after a few minutes, i can live with that though as long as it doesnt melt anything inside. 3. The speckeling in the images makes my eyes water and its not comfortable to look at for too long.

Just my 2 cents
    What it really needs is a good and smooth os with good smooth video engine etc..
    I should add that the problems with the video was while it played off of the supplied usb drive. I have not tested yet connected to a computer.

David